Sunday 1 November 2015

Nigerian actress funmi Awelewa talks about relationship status

funmi2bawelewa2bboyfrie.jpg

November 1st, 2015 – Nigerian Actress Funmi Awelewa: I Have A
Boyfriend Abroad, I’m Not Dating Ibrahim Chatta
Budding Nollywood actress Bidemi Kosoko and Funmi Awelewa
used to be like two peas in a pod. But in recent times, the
relationship between the two actresses seems to have gone awry as
they are no longer best buddies.
It was alleged that their friendship severed because of a guy, Ibrahim
Chatta who is also alleged to be dating the two ladies.
But speaking to Saturday Punch, Funmi said she has no issues with
Bidemi.
“I have always told myself that there is nothing like permanent friends.
Your best friend today might be your worst enemy tomorrow. If you
don’t respect yourself in this industry, nobody will respect you. But
there are so many olofofo in this industry. If somebody is your friend,
don’t suspect that person and if you suspect anybody, don’t make the
person your friend.
“People come to tell me Bidemi said this and that and they will go to her
and tell her I said this and that. Those that come to me, I would always
ask them if I should call Bidemi and ask her about what they claimed
she said about me. They tell her not to move with me and that I want to
be famous through her. They come to me and say the same. I decided
to give her space. I used to go to her shop and we greet,” Funmi said.
Concerning the allegation about dating Ibrahim Chatta, Funmi said,
“I am not in a relationship with him. We are very close. If you are
close to somebody, people would think you guys are dating. He is
my senior colleague. I live in my own house in Ibadan. People tell
me I should not debunk the rumour. I have a relationship abroad. I
don’t want to do something stupid. I don’t give a damn about what
people say.
“I can’t speak for her but I also know that Bidemi is not Ibrahim’s
girlfriend. Ibrahim didn’t dump her for me. I am aiming towards building
a scandal-free name. I don’t want to be lifted by scandal. I want my
work to speak for me,” she said.
Meanwhile, Bidemi is not the only one rumoured to be at war with
Funmi. Saturday Beats gathered that she and another actress, Seyi
Edun, no longer see eye to eye because of another actor cum
director.
Speaking on the issue, Funmi said, “I don’t want to talk about Seyi
Edun. Seyi has never been my friend. She is just my colleague right
from day one. Me, fight over a man? I have a name to protect. God
sees my heart. I have no issue with Seyi concerning a man. I think
somebody wants to bring me down. But don’t bring others down to
get fame. I am just on my own. I have decided to stay low because I
don’t want wahala.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comment.. The admin will reply you ASAP